"You must love all that God has created, both His entire world and each tiny little sand grain of it, then your mind will open itself to an all embracing love." Fyodor Dostoyevsky







Monday, May 7, 2012

To Journal

I love to journal...

It is another love of mine next to gardening, bird watching and canning.  I have kept a diary or journal for as long as I can remember.  These day's I keep my prayer, church and gardening journals.  I have in the past been an avid scrapbooker, always journaling the stories of our life for our children... Documenting each story with intricate detail so if anything ever happens they would 'know'... 

That was before six children, a farm with pigs & chickens, a CSA, a butcher shop, green houses, hoop houses, gardens (well I've always had garden's) I should say fields, canning and preserving, sewing clothes, being a vendor at Farmers Markets, managing & organizing a winter market and just the regular daily grind that we call 'life'.

When do I find time for me...  alone in the gardens in summer and now right here...

So many of our market friends wonder what our life is like on the farm... how we manage to do what we do... questions on recipes & gardening...

My blogs are where I want to express those things... where I hope you join me often for the laughter and  the tears; the excitement's  and the disappointments; the flopped recipe's and the 'wow, that is great' stuff that happens at Garden Gate.  I look forward to sharing with all of you...
Until next time,     
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment