"You must love all that God has created, both His entire world and each tiny little sand grain of it, then your mind will open itself to an all embracing love." Fyodor Dostoyevsky







Monday, May 21, 2012

Bouquets...

So simple yet so elegant, isn't it.
... wild flowers, sweet pea blooms, cleome, queen Anne's lace... whatever you can find...
placed in old glass milk jars, wine bottles, mason jars... whatever you want... that's the charm of it!

Flowers are charming and add happiness and smiles where ever they are... I have met a few people in my day that have actually said they don't like flowers... and I might add, they are grumpy people... afterall anyone who can't find beauty in a flower has to be grumpy, wouldn't you think?

I think of Heaven when I am in my gardens... afterall, 'it all began in a garden'... yes I imagine how beautiful it must have been, and how beautiful it must be now... I believe with all my heart that Heaven will be one big beautiful garden.  God created the earth and all that is on and in it... have you ever looked inside a flower bloosom?  Those who believe in evolution must be so sad inside... to look at the beauty of nature and try to convince themselves that it just happened... it is just so silly to me. 

Yesterday Evan noticed a bumpy toad in the flower bed off the patio... I right quick got a clay pot and put it in there so it would have a home.  Evan, Aaron & I watched it as it backed itself into the dirt and used it's back legs to burrow itself in.  Today Ethan noticed the Baltimore Oriole's in the yard... the orange brightness of there beauty didn't just happen... Nature simply sings out of Gods glory... to hear and understand that song is a blessing and a gift.

Today I planted up a few more of my containers... I planted begonias in some of my pots for the porch tables and kitchen window sill.  Basils in pots on the front porch too... just gotta have basil everywhere.  I have several wheel barrows that I have always planted double petunias in. This year I am doing something different...   In one I decided to scatter zinnia seed... I love zinnias... they just smile at you! In another I planted several nasturtiums.  I am excited to see how they look all full and overflowing.  I have another that I am not sure what I am going to do yet... I am one of those gardeners that will just know when the time is right. 

Today was a great day... hope yours was too!
Until next time,
Jean




No comments:

Post a Comment