"You must love all that God has created, both His entire world and each tiny little sand grain of it, then your mind will open itself to an all embracing love." Fyodor Dostoyevsky







Wednesday, May 23, 2012

God's Hand Is Always There

God's Hand Is Always There
a poem by Helen Steiner Rice

I am perplexed and often vexed,
And sometimes I cry and sadly sigh,
But do not think, dear Father above,
That I question You or Your unfailing love.
It's just that sometimes when I reach out,
You seem to be nowhere about.
And while I'm sure You love me still,
I know in my heart that You love me still,
I know in my heart that You always will,
Somehow I feel I cannot reach You.
And though I get on my knees and beseech You,
I cannot bring You close to me,
And I feel adrift on life's raging sea.
But though I cannot find your hand
To lead me on to the promised land,
I still believe with all my being
Your hand is there beyond my seeing.

My heart is longing to be there by your side and when you led me to this poem I know You are there... I just wish I could feel Your arms surround me now... for I feel so alone.

Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment