"You must love all that God has created, both His entire world and each tiny little sand grain of it, then your mind will open itself to an all embracing love." Fyodor Dostoyevsky







Friday, June 1, 2012

Responsibilities

My response is my responsibility...

Now if you really look deep into this statement you will have to do some serious soul searching. Before you can say, "Well of course it is", stop and really think about this...  It indicates quite clearly that no matter what anyone does to you, how you respond to it cannot be blamed on another person.  That can be a lot to take in when you really think about it.

...'Well if she wouldn't have said that, then I wouldn't have....'  ...'Well if he would have just done it the way I asked, then I wouldn't have had to do...'  'Well he hit me first so I...'  Nope... no passing the buck on what my reaction was. We are so accustomed to blaming others for this or that, but in essence no one can make you do anything.  We have been created to make choices... allowed to decide which road we will go down... which person to call our spouse... what church to go to... and so on and on and on... the choice is ours.

Well you say, some people just rub me the wrong way! Oh yes I totally understand that one... know several, trust me.  But it's still my choice how to react to those people... in one ear and out the other, turn the other cheek, repay evil with good... choices.

Ya know, really in the long run even when we are hurt, cheated, lied to or whatever, it is more hurtful for us to hold onto those hurts... it hinders our spiritual growth, not theirs...
Let go and let God...
Until next time,
Jean
Higher is better... Let God take you to a height of peace that only He can give...

No comments:

Post a Comment