"You must love all that God has created, both His entire world and each tiny little sand grain of it, then your mind will open itself to an all embracing love." Fyodor Dostoyevsky







Friday, June 29, 2012

Forgiveness

What a beautiful word... one that all that claim the name of Jesus and repent can have... a beautiful and precious gift...

This was a song we sang at church today... it is one of my very favorites... one that brings tears to my eyes as I take in the words... deep into my soul and know what pit the Lord carried me out of...


Jesus! Lover Of My Soul,
author unknown


Jesus! Lover of my soul,
Let me to Thy bosom fly,
While the raging billows roll,-
While the tempest still is high!
Hide me, O my Saviour, hide,
Till the storm of life be past;
Safe into the haven guild-
O, receive my soul at last!

Other refuge have I none-
Hangs my helpless soul on Thee;
Leave, ah leave me not alone,
Still support and comfort me;
All my trust on Thee is stayed,
All my help from Thee I bring;
Cover my defenseless head
With the shadow of Thy wing.

Thou, O Christ, art all I want,
All in all in Thee I find!
Raise the fallen, cheer the faint,
Heal the sick, and lead the blind.
Just and holy is Thy name,
I am all unrighteousness;
Vile and full of sin I am,
Thou art full of truth and grace.

Plenteous grace with Thee is found,
Grace to pardon all my sins-
Let the healing stream abound,
Make and keep me pure within
Thou of life the fountain art,
Freely let me take of Thee;
Spring Thou up within my heart,
Rise to all eternity.

... the beauty of His perfect love reaches to all,
Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment