"You must love all that God has created, both His entire world and each tiny little sand grain of it, then your mind will open itself to an all embracing love." Fyodor Dostoyevsky







Monday, September 3, 2012

Confidence in God

 

Our lives here at the farm are filled with days of peace and joy as well as choas and misery...
That probably sounds pretty harsh... but it is the truth. We are all humans here and the trials that some days present to us can seem overwhelming...
That is when I have to look up... to Him who knows... to Him that will never give me any more than I can bear... My trust must be stayed and focused on Him...
I know that I can do all things through him that strengthens me...
But it is ultimately up to me... will I trust? will I obey? will I know and beleive that He means all for good to those that love Him? 
Life's challenges are ever present... life with a family continually presents complexities that we never in our wildest imaginations thought we would encounter... but He did... He knew. 

What we often fail to realize in the heat of it all, is more often than not, we reap what we sow...
and so here is one of my devotions that I recieved this week... as always... He knows...

A few words from wise Tozer...

"If our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. " 1 John 3:21

"This is surely one of the great realizations that can come to us in the Christian life—we can put our complete confidence in the God who has revealed Himself to us!

It was a gracious day in my early Christian experience when I realized that it was not in God's character to pounce upon me in judgment. He knows that we are dust, and as our God He is loving and patient towards us.

If it were true that the Lord would put the Christian on the shelf every time he failed or blundered or did something wrong, I would have been a piece of statuary by this time! (Amen!)
It is surely true that God will bring judgment when judgment is necessary, but the Scriptures say that judgment is God's strange work. Where there is a lifetime of rebellion, hardened unbelief and love of sin, judgment will come.

But God watches over us for spiritual growth and maturity, trying to teach us the necessity for fully trusting Him and coming to the place of complete distrust of ourselves.

We have met God and can now say with Paul, "That the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us" (2 Corinthians 4:7)."  Tozer

Emphasis mine!

Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment