"You must love all that God has created, both His entire world and each tiny little sand grain of it, then your mind will open itself to an all embracing love." Fyodor Dostoyevsky







Thursday, August 23, 2012

"I Need Thee Precious Jesus"

We sang this song in church on Sunday... it is one of my favorites...
No matter how sad and lonely I may feel, I know this song reaches His ears...
I know He treasures up each of my tears...
I know He is ever there for me...
 
He is there for you as well...
If you only call out to Him...
He will answer, He will come, and He will care...
 
 
"I Need Thee Precious Jesus" author unknown
 
 
I need Thee, precious Jesus,
For I am very poor;
A stranger and a pilgrim,
I have have no earthy store;
I need the love of Jesus
To cheer me on my way,
To guild my doubting footsteps,
To be my strength and stay.
 
I need Thee, precious Jesus,
I need a friend like Thee,
A friend to soothe and pity,
A friend to care for me;
I need the heart of Jesus,
To feel each anxious care,
To tell my every trial,
And all my sorrows share.
 
I need Thee, precious Jesus,
I need Thee day by day,
To fill me with Thy fullness,
To lead me on my way;
 I need Thy Holy Spirit,
To teach me what I am,
To show me more of Jesus,
And point me to the Lamb.
 
I need Thee, precious Jesus,
And hope to see Thee soon,
Encircled in the rainbow,
and seated on Thy throne,
There, with Thy blood bought children
My joy shall ever be,
To sing Thy praises Jesus,
And gaze my Lord, on Thee.
 
Until next time,
Jean
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment