"You must love all that God has created, both His entire world and each tiny little sand grain of it, then your mind will open itself to an all embracing love." Fyodor Dostoyevsky







Friday, August 10, 2012

What a beautiful song to express a longing and love for our Lord Jesus...
If only our lives could  simply be focused on Him and serving Him... 
I want only this to be my hearts constant yearning...

This song by Philip P. Bliss is very fitting.
May this be our prayer!

More holiness give me, more strivings within.
More patience in suffering, more sorrow for sin.
More faith in my Savior, more sense of His care.
More joy in His service, more purpose in prayer.
More gratitude give me, more trust in the Lord.
More zeal for His glory, more hope in His Word.
More tears for His sorrows, more pain at His grief.
More meekness in trial, more praise for relief.
More purity give me, more strength to o’ercome,
More freedom from earth-stains, more longings for home.
More fit for the kingdom, more useful I’d be,
More blessed and holy, more, Savior, like Thee.
-         
Philip P. Bliss
 
Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment