"You must love all that God has created, both His entire world and each tiny little sand grain of it, then your mind will open itself to an all embracing love." Fyodor Dostoyevsky







Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Meekness

"Meekness is the ability to react wisely when provoked." John Coblentz

What a challenge wouldn't you say?  I know that when I heard him say this, I was marvelled to discouragement! Not in a bad way really, just humbly, I guess that would be the best way to describe how I felt.  I just had to think, "Wow, I fail at that!"  But I know we all fail and fall short, but this one hit home p-retty hard! 

We all know that Moses was considered to be the meekest man on to ever live... John Coblentz gave a suggestion to do a study of the life of Moses through the books of Exodus through Numbers. As I thought on what I know off the top of my head there were two particular instances that I could think of that Moses gave way to his temper.

The first was of course when he killed the Egyptian guard while still in Egypt and the second was when God told him to speak to the rock and he smote it.  Every other instance that I could think of he prayed for those ever complaining Isrealites. 

Do I pray for my enemies? Do I look at them with a heart of love and compassion even when they are being down right mean to me?

That was the example that Moses gave... He was provoked from every side, yet he trusted in God.
What a challenge for me...

Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment