"You must love all that God has created, both His entire world and each tiny little sand grain of it, then your mind will open itself to an all embracing love." Fyodor Dostoyevsky







Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Daisy




I love to be in the gardens... walking through and viewing all the beauty that abounds... listening to the birds chatter and watch them chase one another...

I just saw the first bumble bee in the front garden the other day... I was figuring out where I was going to plant the new patch of raspberries... I just put in another row of rhubarb, yummy rhubarb crisps that are much loved by this family, especially the male population.

The grapes are finally growing to where I can begin pruning and training them... kind of like children you know... we need to train them in the direction we would want them to go when they are young and tender... moldable and teachable... willing to listen and soft in spirit...

Children are the laughter of the home... the joy of our old age I have been told... I like that...

Children reflect us... what kind of parents we have been... the love that they have been shown... the respect they have witnessed... the tenderness, the forgiveness, the nurturing...
the life they choose to live will be a reflection of what they have lived...

I love my children, but they are only given to me for a short while...
A gift from Him above... to train for His honor & glory...
Something that we can give back to Him

Until next time,
Jean 


No comments:

Post a Comment