"You must love all that God has created, both His entire world and each tiny little sand grain of it, then your mind will open itself to an all embracing love." Fyodor Dostoyevsky







Friday, April 20, 2012

Cold day...


The air is crisp, cool and breezy... the breeze may feel nice to some, but not to me... I'd rather feel a warm, gentle wind blow my hair gently across my cheek as I am caressing the soil, planting something with the anticipation of certain growth, then bloom and harvest.  I am an August baby and a gardener, I love the heat... feeling the warmth of the sun shining down on my body gives me quick rejuvenation, even with my forty-some year old body, achy back and hip, the sun makes me move tirelessly.

My front porch and patio are where I go for personal retreat (there and a hot shower that is)... lounging on the hammock with little Evan on lazy Sunday afternoons... no need for guilt on the Lords day... just cuddling, looking up at the fluffy clouds, telling stories, listening to the robins song and the 'caw-caw' of the crows on top of the tall pines in the woods across the road... the mooing cows and chatter of my guineas... oh the sounds of these glorious warm days...

I am hiding in the house today... my confession... well, I do have things to do for market tomorrow, so it is probably a good thing otherwise I would find a reason to be outside. So I guess I shall go...
Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment