"You must love all that God has created, both His entire world and each tiny little sand grain of it, then your mind will open itself to an all embracing love." Fyodor Dostoyevsky







Monday, July 9, 2012

How Sweet The Sound of Jesus Name

This is a song we sang in church yesterday... with my hearts notes in italics...

"How Sweet The Name Of Jesus Sounds", by Mendoto-Dublin

How sweet the name of Jesus sounds
In a believer's ear!
It soothes his sorrows, heals his wonds,
And drives away his fear... And drives away his fear.

As fears rise into my soul and worries trouble my mind,
I look up into the Heaven's and I know He is by my side...

It makes the wonded spirit whole,
And calms he troubled breast;
'Tis manna to the hungry soul,
And to the weary rest... And to the weary rest.

When I am so weary from the day and it's trials, I love to hear His name,
I look to Him in all my cares and He is never far from me....

Dear Name! the Rock on which I build,
My shield and hiding place;
My never failing treasure, filled
With boundless stores of grace... With boundless stores of grace.

As I look at my life and realize He is the Rock on which I must build,
I know as I turn to Him in all things, He will be my all...

Jesus! my Shepherb, Husband, Friend,
My Prophet, Priest and King;
My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End,
Accept the praise I bring... Accept the praise I bring.

He is all I need... He is all you need... He supplies my every need,
Jesus is my saviour and saviour to all He would be...
if only allowed...

Weak is the effort of my heart,
And cold my warmest thought;
But when I see Thee as Thou art,
I'll praise Thee as I ought... I'll praise Thee as I ought.

As the hart panteth after the water brooks,
so my soul longeth after Thee...

Till then I would Thy love proclaim
With evry fleeting breath;
And may the music of Thy name
Refresh my soul in death... Refresh my soul in death.

My hearts prayer will always be that I can glorify Your love and
Your work in my life and that even though I fail so often,
You will keep picking me up and leading the way...
Oh that my soul could fly with Thee...
Come Lord Jesus, come...

Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment