"You must love all that God has created, both His entire world and each tiny little sand grain of it, then your mind will open itself to an all embracing love." Fyodor Dostoyevsky







Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Will It Bloom?

When you walk through the garden, do you ever wonder if they are going to bloom?   Do you look at the beautiful bud and ever even dream it won't open into that magnificant rose you've been waiting to see... to smell... to touch... 



When you wake up in the morning do you wonder if the sun will rise?  Do you go through the day in a haze thinking if it will set?  I've sat on the edge of the lake and watched this magnificant wonder happen several times, and never once did I wonder is it would quit...




These are roses in my pergola garden... I planted it two years ago and they are by far my favorite. One morning as I was strolling through the gardens, this duo caught my eye... it was just perfect... It reminded me immediately of how I feel as I trust that the Lord Jesus is walking by my side...

Last night I doubted... I laid in bed and I questioned... you see my little boy lost his glasses after only a week and we cannot find them. Evan and I held hands and we prayed and asked God to show us where they are... we still haven't found them... I laid in bed last night and questioned why... why wouldn't He answer this little boys prayer...  then this morning he gave me this...

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief. Hebrews 3:12
 
"The Bible tells about man's being alienated from and an enemy to God. Should this sound harsh or extreme, you have only to imagine your closest friend coming to you and stating in cold seriousness that he no longer has any confidence in you.
"I do not trust you. I have lost confidence in your character. I am forced to suspect every move you make"—such a declaration would instantly alienate friends by destroying the foundation upon which every friendship is built. Until your former friend's opinion of you had been reversed, there could be no further communion.
People do not go boldly to God and profess that they have no confidence in Him, and they usually do not witness publicly to their low view of God. The frightful thing, however, is that people everywhere act out their unbelief with a consistency that is more convincing than words.
Christianity provides a way back from this place of unbelief and alienation: "He that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6). God took the wrong upon Himself in order that the one who committed the wrong might be saved!" Tozer
 
"Father, You have pursued us passionately and diligently in order that our relationship with You might be restored. Yet so many have turned a cold shoulder to You. Jesus, I love You and appreciate all that You have done for me and my family and friends." Tozer
 
... we still haven't found them... but I believe with all my heart we will...
this is my testimony... He is faithful,
 
Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment