"You must love all that God has created, both His entire world and each tiny little sand grain of it, then your mind will open itself to an all embracing love." Fyodor Dostoyevsky







Wednesday, November 7, 2012

God Is on Our Side

"My five son's" by, Jean Smith

When the storms of life prove to be so strong and you just don't know where to turn... do you look up instead of around?
When the waves are all around and they are crashing in on you and you can't even lift your head to see what direction you are going, do you have the faith to keep walking?
Do we believe that we can do all things through Christ which strengthens us and He won't give us more than we can bear?
... we all have days where the storms and trials are so big and consuming, but we can move on with Him...
... we just need to follow and obey...
... we just need to trust and keep looking upward... knowing that the prize is worth it all.
Again, one of my devotions today... God is Good... He is Faithful... He does care...

"It was a gracious revelation to my human spirit when I discovered that the Word of God was actually on my side, operating in my behalf!
I was reading Psalm 71 and I came to this amazing statement: "Thou hast given commandment to save me!" (71:3). My heart has been warmed with that realization ever since. I believe that the Word of the living God has gone throughout all the earth to save me and keep me! Let the theological experts raise their eyebrows—I do not care! The living Word has charged Himself with responsibility to forgive, to cleanse and to keep me!
Let us not be guilty of underrating the Word of God operating on our behalf. I dare to say that there is not an uncontrolled stroke or force anywhere in all of God's mighty universe that can take eternal life away from a trusting, believing, obedient child of God.
Let us thank God for the Word! It is living and powerful and sharper than any twoedged sword (see Hebrews 4:12)!" Tozer

"Lord, it is so obvious that the truth of Your Word, which is alive and powerful, is one of the keys to world evangelization. Help me and other Christians to spread Your Word among our personal spheres of influence."  Tozer

Let them be confounded and consumed that are adversaries to my soul. Psalm 71:13

Until next time,
Jean

 

No comments:

Post a Comment