"You must love all that God has created, both His entire world and each tiny little sand grain of it, then your mind will open itself to an all embracing love." Fyodor Dostoyevsky







Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Oh, That He Would Come


It always seems as my soul is weary I turn here... it's kind of my secret spot... where I can come and cry and share...

Life is so full of trials and the decisions we make in our life will have such intense ramifications.  I too often do the, "if only..." stuff. It's not good, it's not fair to my God. I have made decisions and He has faithfully helped me through them.  As I try so hard to live for Him and do His will in my life, there is always something or someone that seems to get in the way...

There are several Cardinals in the garden eating away at the sunflowers we left for them... He brings them here so I can can have a bit of peace in their beauty... I love to watch the birds... their gracefulness... their serenity... they don't have a care, for they know their Creator will provide... That's why He brings them to me so often... a reminder that He will too provide for me because I am so much more important to Him...

Last night in bed after I read some Bible stories to the little boys and we said our bed time prayers, I lay there wishing for His return... to hear that mighty trumpet sound and to be taken up to Heaven to be with Him forever more... Then this morning when I was doing my devotions, He led me into Thessalonians... and there in chapter four were my prayers... a testimony that He heard me... to keep the faith... to keep pressing on and upward...

Oh my soul... I longeth for Thee oh God... come Lord Jesus come... This world holds nothing for me...

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Wherefore comfort one another with these words. "  1 Thes. 4:16-18

Until next time,
Jean


No comments:

Post a Comment